Current Job Opportunities
CONSULTATION SPECIALIST / PUBLICATION COORDINATOR
Resources for Seniors, Inc. is seeking candidates for a Consultation Specialist / Publication Coordinator in our Information Services Department located
at the Main Office.
The primary responsibility for the Consultation Specialist / Publication Coordinator position is to assist potential and current clients in locating services
for older adults and/or adults with disabilities. The secondary responsibility is performing duties related to the Resources for Seniors Directory of Resources
publication as described in the Essential Duties of this job description.
- Conducts telephone needs assessments for individuals at the time of initial contact with the agency by:
- exploring client's own resources to meet the needs;
- determining whether there are programs to meet the needs by researching available programs and seeking more information;
- explaining available programs and how to access them;
- assisting the client with the application for assistance, if needed;
- initiating referrals on the client's behalf when needed and following up to find out whether needs were met.
- Edits all elements of the Directory of Resources for style, substance, and organization including:
- reorganizing text to create consistency in grammar, format, and message and recommending substantive editorial changes as needed;
- reviewing, proofing, and fact-checking all copy, and performing layout work of a detailed and complex nature;
- updating database and Directory of Resources through telephone calls, emails, and other research;
- Provides text and technical services to developing and maintaining Web pages and other forms of electronic communication;
- Acts as an advocate for older adults throughout the service delivery system;
- Coordinates activities with other departments and staff to ensure a cohesive system of delivery;
- Increases departmental knowledge base through continuing education and attending all mandatory meetings and trainings;
- Maintains all records as per established agency and department procedures;
- Performs related duties as required and other duties as requested.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent time management, communication and organizational skills;
- Helpful demeanor with excellent listening skills;
- Ability to compile, maintain, and utilize complete and accurate computer information systems, records, and reporting;
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with a variety of individuals and organizations with minimal supervision;
- Ability to meet deadlines and coordinate numerous projects;
- Knowledge and understanding of the needs of the aging, disabled and low-income populations;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential;
- Experience working with MS Office Suite, WordPress, InDesign, Photoshop and Illustractor.
Training and Experience:
- A four-year degree in a social science or communication field or its equivalent;
- Two years of experience in the provision of community relations and direct services.>/li>
- Reliable transportation;
- Ability to meet consistent attendance;
- Prefer bilingual fluent in English and Spanish.
The physical demands represented here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonal
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job:
- The employee is regularly required to sit, verbally communicate and hear;
- The employee is occasionally required to walk, stand and reach with arms;
- The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 lbs.
This position is a full time, benefits-eligible, exempt position. Salary is dependent on experience. This position has working hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Qualified applicants should submit a resume along with a cover letter to Laura Mozer, Human Resources Manager, no later than June 8, 2021
via email to email@example.com or fax to 919-872-6683 (Resources for Seniors, ATTN: Human Resources).
Resources for Seniors is an E.O.E. M/F/V/D.